Today’s the day. Let’s tackle the last couple of topics. One of which is cutting out hair using channels. The point of using channels is to get a good selection getting the most contrast between lights and darks .
Here’s the below image:
- Open image in Photoshop. Go to Channels panel and determine if Red, Blue or Green channel offer the most contrast between lights and darks. I’ll use the Blue Channel.
- Make a copy of the Blue Channel by dragging it down to the Create new Channel Icon.
- Next Command, L on the active Blue Copy for Levels. OK.
- Adjust the lights and darks for a contrasty image.
- Turn channel into a selection with Command, Click of thumbnail of blue copy, get marching ants.
- Go to Layers and Create Layer Mask.
- Image, Adjustments, Invert to invert layer
- Option, click Layer mask and paint white on mask for everything you want to see.
- Add clipping mask (new layer) set to darken to either paint a sample color of hair on frizzies or clone hair frizzies.
7. Last add new background layer. And clean up your mask where needed.