Disclaimer: I am by no means a PS guru, expert, teacher or anything of the sort. I’m a student trying to learn the concepts motivated by my Photoshop final next week. These posts are study aids to get me through this exam.
To add the Over Sharpened Skin Look
- Complete all retouching first
- Then do SOCE (Shift, Option, Command, E) to create merged layer without losing file structure
- On merged/duplicate layer go to Filter->Sharpen->Smart Sharpen.
- Choose a setting that makes image look extremely sharpened, OK. g. amount = 500, radius = 1
- Change layer’s blending mode to Overlay.
- Use Hue and Saturation adjustment layer, desaturate to 0, OK.
- Add clipping mask clipped to Hue/Saturation layer to the sharpened layer
- Add curves adjustment layer to the top of stack to enhance drama and color
Experiment with various opacities of layers and adjustment layers.
Here’s the before image:
Here’s the after image: